There currently aren’t any open positions with the Jordan Porco Foundation. Please check back regularly for any changes in status.
Funding Research and Development Internship Job Description
Jordan Porco Foundation – Hartford, CT
The Mission of the Jordan Porco Foundation (JPF) is to prevent suicide, promote mental health, and create a message of hope for young adults.
The Jordan Porco Foundation (JPF) is looking for a qualified intern to join our Development team to research, identify and document appropriate funding opportunities to support the development goals of the organization. The selected candidate will gain valuable experience in not for profit operations, grant research techniques, funding application preparation and professional writing.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research diverse funding sources, including foundations and corporations, to identify alignment with JPF priorities
- Assist Chief Operating Officer with research applicable to the development goals of the organization
- Learn the programs and services of JPF and apply that knowledge to prioritize funding and awareness opportunities
- Research potential funders websites and other online vehicles
- Research mental health and suicide prevention programs
- Document research results
- Collaborate with development, programs and administrative staff
- Write letters of inquiry or interest
- Conduct outreach for research and development purposes
- Compose and distribute other written communications as directed by development staff
- Assist with general administrative tasks as needed
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and able to learn new programs quickly (databases, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working independently
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Interest in a nonprofit career
Each intern will be expected to work 15–25 hours per week (this is flexible), sometime between the hours of 9:00am–5:00pm, Monday through Friday in our Hartford, Connecticut office.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out “work-study” grants with your college, if that is an option. To apply, please send a cover letter, to include a paragraph on what you hope to gain from the experience and resume to Matt Riley via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further inquiries can be made by contacting our office at 860-904-6041.
The Jordan Porco Foundation (JPF) is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis (protected class) including but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability pregnancy, genetic information, gender.
“The Federal Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.” -Federal Government EEO Statement