Make a gift of Securities
Gifts of appreciated stock or mutual funds are another great way to give to the Jordan Porco Foundation. The donor will receive an income tax deduction for the full fair market value of securities which the donor has owned more than one year, subject to the usual limitation, and capital gains tax will be completely avoided on these assets. To transfer securities to the Jordan Porco Foundation, please contact our office at 860-904-6041.
- Bequests: By including a bequest to the Jordan Porco Foundation in your will, you can ensure your contribution to future generations. It’s simple to do, too – by designating a specific dollar amount or asset, or a percentage of your estate.
- Retirement Assets: It’s easy to make a legacy gift to the Jordan Porco Foundation by using a qualified retirement plan like a 401(K), 403(B) or Individual Retirement Account (IRA), among others
- Charitable Gift Annuity: With a Charitable Gift Annuity, you can help the Jordan Porco Foundation and yourself at the same time! When you establish a gift annuity with the Jordan Porco Foundation, you make a gift (and receive a charitable tax deduction) now and receive a steady stream of income from the gift annuity during the lifetime(s) of up to two annuitants.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: In a Charitable Remainder Trust, your assets – cash, securities, real estate, or other appreciated property — are transferred irrevocably to a trust and managed by an independent trustee either for life or for a term of years.
- Life Insurance: Life Insurance can be used to make a gift to the Jordan Porco Foundation in a variety of ways such as
- Transfer ownership of an existing, paid-up insurance policy to the Jordan Porco Foundation. If you have a policy you no longer need, this can be a great opportunity to create an estate gift for the Foundation.
- Designate the Jordan Porco Foundation as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy owned by you.
- Write a new life insurance policy and name the Jordan Porco Foundation as owner and beneficiary
For more information or to speak with us in confidence about any of these gift opportunities, please contact our office at 860-904-6041.
When creating any estate gift for the Jordan Porco Foundation, we encourage you to consult with your legal and financial advisors.